Who would you choose if you could choose anyone to teach you?

TIME TO LEARN: 7th grade science teacher Ms.Nardoza shows students a new science website

Mikey Reyes and Jaden Campos

When people get offered to choose their teacher they accept that offer and choose someone that can actually benefit them with fun and knowledge.

Students and staff both have a similarity in what their dream teacher would be, they both want a fun and helpful teacher. 8th and 7th-grade teacher Mr.Guidetti said that he would want the ancient philosopher, Socrates, to be his teacher. He continued, “I think Socrates’ class would be difficult, but because he was so intelligent he would probably make it so people understand.”

Students do have an imagination when it comes to being able to choose their teacher too. 8th-grade student Hogan Boyd said, “If I can pick anyone I would pick Drake. He would be a music teacher. The class would respect him.”  

8th-grade math teacher Ms.Kjelle said, “Gordan Ramsay, I want to say cooking, but we don’t have cooking class so I think he will be a fun gym teacher. I think more people will be ready to go and ready to do what they have to do immediately.”

A lot of students and teachers like to believe students here at WMS can be a good fit for the responsibilities of a teacher.  For example, 6th grader Angelina Summers said, “Bella Sofia for math. I picked her because she is really smart, she is good at explaining stuff too.”

Boyd also weighed in on this topic saying, “8th grader Thomas Oatman would make a good history teacher, he would make his students earn their grades, and he would give them a lot of work.” 

Things like experience can benefit a teacher. 6th grader Alex Green commented, “Jaden Campos would make a good gym teacher because he is an athlete so he plays a lot of sports.”

6th grader Max said, “I would pick Ms.Duffy because she is kind and smart.” To summarize what people are looking for when choosing a teacher is a hard-working, fun, cunning, and kind person to handle the classroom. 

Ms. Kjelle said, “Nashly would make a good math teacher because whenever she is having trouble with something she isn’t afraid to ask, and she helps her fellow classmates whenever they need it.”  Helping others is an important part of being a teacher.

All these opinions can benefit others by showing them what to look for in a good teacher. Sure, different people can have different opinions on what makes a teacher a good teacher but there are things that are required.