Are uniforms a thing of the past?

"Photo by wikipedia from google used with permission

MANY PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS ON UNIFORMS.

Maria Gonzalez, Spring Author

Many students agree and disagree with the uniform policy. Some people think that it’s not good because they want to wear their own fashion, they don’t want to wear the same thing everyone is wearing. Now on the other hand other people agree because let’s say they go on a trip they won’t get lost.

Having uniform can be a pain for some people. Many people from WMS don’t like uniforms. For example a girl from WMS named Sherry Wang said, “Uniforms are not great at all, I don’t like them; I like to pick out my own outfits.” I disagree with this because if students wear uniforms it would be easier because students would know what to wear, but if students wear your own outfit it would be hard to pick every single morning on what to wear. It takes me at least an hour to pick my outfit because I don’t know what to wear.

On the other hand, a student from WMS David Okoro said, “I like the uniform policy because everyone wears the same thing”. I agree with this because if we wear the same thing they would know we are from this school and that we belong together. Also, if we wear the same thing we would not get lost in a field trip.

Principals from WMS Dr.Crowe and Mr.Harris don’t really agree with the idea of wearing uniforms, although they recognize some of the benefits. WMS used to wear uniform back then but they took the uniform policy out. Mr. Harris said, “We took the uniform policy out because many parents came complaining to us about the uniforms and many of these kids wanted to be creative”.

This “argument” about WMS wearing uniforms is very compelling. I like wearing uniforms because I won’t be taking hours trying to find an outfit. Also, I am used to wearing uniforms because I have been wearing uniforms since kindergarten. But now, I don’t wear uniforms because WMS does not have that policy.