• December 21WMS Boys Basketball Plays AMS today at 4:00 in AMS
  • October 16WMS softball team plays Avenel in the playoff game today at WHS, 6:00!
  • October 11WMS softball team plays FMS today at 4:15 at Colonia middle!

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

STEM class creates student opportunities

Robotics+class+races+robots+in+Mr.Olvesens+room.+
Robotics class races robots in Mr.Olvesen’s room.

Science, technology, engineering, and math: all of these are the base of STEM and Mr. Olvesen’s building blocks for a successful class.

Mr. Olvesen, the STEM teacher at WMS, explained that his goal is to make learning fun.  He said, “I think it’s easy to learn when you have fun doing it.”

This fun approach to learning is the cornerstone of STEM.  Olvesen went on to explain, in detail, what his students accomplish in his class.

Mr.Olvesen then described how he made STEM subjects interesting for students by saying, “I make STEM subjects engaging for my students by introducing a problem and trying to provide real life application for them.” This is a great way to make students more engaged in their work .

Mr.Olvesen then illustrated how problem solving will do amazing for people in the long run by saying, “I think its an important skill to have…I felt that was a message to communicate.”

Claire Burns also discussed her enjoyment of STEM by saying, “I will take it again next year because there was a lot of freedom in that class and you could just do whatever you wanted to,“ meaning that STEM is very liberating and there’s always fun things to do at STEM.