• December 21WMS Boys Basketball Plays AMS today at 4:00 in AMS
  • October 16WMS softball team plays Avenel in the playoff game today at WHS, 6:00!
  • October 11WMS softball team plays FMS today at 4:15 at Colonia middle!

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Is having school online better than having school in-person?

Jasnit Kaur
A student in WMS uses her chromebook.

A constant debate that students and teachers have is over online school.  Would online school be better than in person?

There are positives and negatives about having online school and having school in-person. One negative thing about online school is that you won’t really be able to communicate and be social that much.  One positive thing about online school is that it may be convenient because there might be a virus and people would have to be in quarantine like the pandemic that happened in 2020.

One negative thing about in-person learning is that the time is not as flexible as virtual learning.Teachers have strict scheduels to follow which leaves less time for a student to get support when needed.  One positive thing having school in-person is that you could learn easier and you could learn to talk and be social with other people.

A seventh grader named Valentina Chumpitaz said, “I think in-person learning is better because in person I feel like I could be more social and talk to my friends more.  It’s also better because especially in the covid times it was really hard because of the technical difficulties.”

Another seventh grader named Krina Patel also explained If she thought online learning was better than in-person learning.  She said, “I choose both because in-person school allows you to interact with people,learn how to communicate but online school it’s easier to maintain and learn.”

Based on those opinions, most people may think that in-person learning is better because you get a better understanding of what teachers are saying and there won’t be as many technical dffifculties like online learning has. Either way they both have their pros and cons.