• December 21WMS Boys Basketball Plays AMS today at 4:00 in AMS
  • October 16WMS softball team plays Avenel in the playoff game today at WHS, 6:00!
  • October 11WMS softball team plays FMS today at 4:15 at Colonia middle!

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Cyberbullying On Roblox

Photo from https://www.dearplayers.com/my/products/roblox under the Creative Commons License

Roblox used to be a positive community where people from all over the world would come to play games and chat.  However, cyberbullying on Roblox has been getting worse by the day. The safe Roblox community has turned into a toxic environment. 

Something that takes a big role in cyberbullying on Roblox is social media. For example, when viewers watch a video with cosmetics they almost want it immediately. The same goes for cyberbullying. When a viewer sees someone cyberbullying they often want to do it too.  This also falls under the category of peer pressure.  

Emily, who plays Roblox, answered four questions based on her experiences.

SM: What games have you seen cyberbullying happen a lot? 

EZ: In Adopt me and Berry Avenue.

SM: If you were ever cyberbullied on Roblox how would you handle it? 

EZ: I do not report them on Roblox. I would roast them.

SM: What do you think plays the biggest role in cyberbullying on Roblox? [examples are social media, peer pressure] 

EZ: I think scamming players in Adopt Me plays the biggest role.

SM: What is an example of cyberbullying on Roblox?

EZ: Berry Avenue kids get mad when players don’t adopt them.

Cyberbullying is almost normal on Roblox. It’s hard to join a game without seeing someone get cyberbullied. The best thing to do when being cyberbullied on Roblox is to take screenshots and to report. Try not to talk back that may result in a ban.

The way that Roblox is designed encourages people to ‘roast’ each other, which is another form of cyberbullying.  In fact, many people play the game for this feature and find it fun. It is very easy to not get banned. The only way for Roblox chat monitors to investigate the chat is if someone reports which rarely happens.

Roblox is much more different than it seems. Chatting with friends and playing games aren’t the only two things that happen. Cyberbullying has now basically become a different activity on Roblox that makes it less fun but also seems like the reason players still play today. In the end, cyberbullying is an unnecessary way for people to have fun on Roblox.