• December 21WMS Boys Basketball Plays AMS today at 4:00 in AMS
  • October 16WMS softball team plays Avenel in the playoff game today at WHS, 6:00!
  • October 11WMS softball team plays FMS today at 4:15 at Colonia middle!

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

WMS Boys bowling team finishes in second place

Raymond+Rebovich+rolls+for+WMS+bowling+team+
Chris K
Raymond Rebovich rolls for WMS bowling team

The WMS boys bowling team made it to the championship match last week in Woodbridge Township.

Although WMS ultimately lost in the championship match, Mr. Maneri said that he felt the season was successful overall.  The boys were14-2 and the girls were 15-1 leading up to the championship.

Mr. Maneri explained how to get his team prepared, “I’m big on telling them to slow down, catch a breath, and understand what you’re doing wrong so you can fix it.”  Maneri said he likes to give his players a mental reset.

He continued to explain that removing pressure is important.  He said, “When it is championship time I remind my players that they got this far.  Today is just another day, another game.” 

Ryan Bunten, 8th grade bowler, said, “ I feel good about making it as far as we did.” He said he is “really happy” with making it to finals.

Bunten also commented on the loss saying, “I feel like [we] didn’t play 100% in the game that matters the most.”

Dylan Stephen, an 8th grade bowler, said, “I  feel like we didn’t play as hard at the end.” 

He also said,  “I  feel like we could’ve played better as a whole and that we  are more capable than Avenel, but they had more energy.”

Despite the loss, he said he still feels like they had a great season.