• December 21WMS Boys Basketball Plays AMS today at 4:00 in AMS
  • October 16WMS softball team plays Avenel in the playoff game today at WHS, 6:00!
  • October 11WMS softball team plays FMS today at 4:15 at Colonia middle!

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Volleyball is on its way to WMS

Brian Dwyer
Mr. Maneri gives a thumbs up for the upcoming season.

Volleyball season is right around the corner and the boys Woodbridge Middle School team is getting ready. The boy’s coach, Mr. Maneri, is getting prepared for this exciting season.

Mr. Maneri is an 8th grade math and coding teacher and WMS.

Tryouts are coming up soon and Maneri’s method for them is looking for the basics, “If they can have a proper hit with the ball, like a set, if they can get it over the net properly, if they have good footwork, if they know any of the rules.” 

He thinks tryouts can go any which way and that it can’t really be predicted. “Sometimes what you think might happen, the opposite happens and surprises you,” said Maneri. 

Maneri’s former job was the home score keeper so it’s a big change when it comes to being the head coach. “I’m just looking forward to being a part of the game more,” said Maneri. 

8th grade former starter, Dylan Stephen, said he feels like he is going to do “pretty good” at tryouts. “I have some experience from last year. I know what it takes to make the team,” said Stephen.

He said he feels like the team is going to be a little shaky because it is all new players, but since athletes from other sports teams are playing, Stephen said, “I think we got some potential.”