WMS takes on the bee

Gia polak

BUZZING THROUGH THE COMPETITION: Students compete to see who goes to the district wide spelling bee.

One chilly winter morning, WMS held a school-wide spelling bee for the class winners.  With a little help of Mr.Murphy and Ms.Nemeth these students were ready to spell.

The students spelled one at a time, until twelve select students were left standing. Jeffrey De-Leon Vaca, a 6th grader, describes that “it felt good to be with the older students”. Even though he’s an alternate, he’s ready to go and support his peers. Jeffrey was surprised to be in the spelling bee and he tries to be humble.  

Christhalia Jusuf said it felt “great” to win the spelling bee. Jusuf said one word was challenging, but the rest were “pretty easy”. She is nervous for the spelling bee at the high school, but is ready for it.

Crystal Nunez an eighth grader here at WMS says, “it felt good because I actually won something.” Nunez said she was “kind of expecting it” meaning she was expecting to be in the spelling bee. She thought it wasn’t a big challenge but she is nervous for the big bee.

Kait Chepel
FINAL STUDENTS STAND AS THEY BUZZ AWAY INTO THE FINAL ROUND: Students determined to make it to the final round.

Mrs.Nemeth an, eighth grade language arts teacher says, “the ones who get involved help bring up school spirit.” She says “she loves doing the spelling bee.”

Please come support our students at Woodbridge High School in May!