• December 21WMS Boys Basketball Plays AMS today at 4:00 in AMS
  • October 16WMS softball team plays Avenel in the playoff game today at WHS, 6:00!
  • October 11WMS softball team plays FMS today at 4:15 at Colonia middle!

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Khloe Morales: Figure Skating Feels

Photo via: https://garystockbridge617.getarchive.net/media/ice-skating-romance-figure-skate-71f3be Under the Creative Commons License

The following is a full transcript of the interview given by Emaan Mudassar to Khloe Morales of The Warrior Messenger about her ice skating.

EMAAN MUDASSAR: Where do you go to ice skate? What would you rate the place?

KHLOE MORALES: I go to multiple rings but my main ring is the Woodbridge Community Center and I rate it a four because the ring is good its really nice, the ice is smooth but the food in the cafeteria is a little nasty?

EM: Was learning how to ice skate hard? How long did it take you to learn how to?

KM: It really depends on athletic skills in my opinion, it was pretty easy for me to ice skate for my first time because I did know how to roller skate but i don’t know what to say other than that for people who don’t know how to roller skate and it probably took me about 4 minutes to ice skate.

EM: Why did you start ice skating? Was there someone that influenced you into it?

KM: I had friends that liked ice skating and i also had idols like somebody named Yuzuru Hanyu who i was really inspired by

EM: Some people say ice skating and roller skating are the same. Do you think they are the same?

KM: I think they are the same, I knew how to roller skate since I was very little and since I knew how to roller skate it became easier for me when I went ice skating, They are pretty similar. 

EM: Which one is easier?

KM: In my opinion ice skating is easier because it’s more about gliding and roller skating. It gets really hard to get my balance.

EM: When do you go to train? How often do you get tested on your skills?

KM: I go training every single Saturday and then sometimes I go once or twice a week. My tests are usually every 6 weeks.

EM: Who’s your favorite figure skater?

KM: My favorite figure skater is Yuzuru Hanyu.

EM: Who is he?

KM: He was a professional figure skater who retired in 2022-2023. He was an olympic skater who won many world records in the men’s figure skating.

EM: What tricks would you like to learn on ice in the future?

KM: In the future I would like to learn how to do an axel.

EM: What is an axel?

KM: An axel is a jump you do a flip in the air. It’s kind of hard to explain it but it’s a really advanced trick.

EM: What would you do if you quit ice skating?

KM: If I ever quit figure skating I would probably do dance.

EM: Do you ever feel like quitting?

KM: Sometimes it can get a little hard so I do feel like quitting, but I feel like once I get into an advanced level I’ll get easier.

EM: What do you do to motivate yourself to not quit?

KM: What I do to motivate myself not to quit is try to learn new tricks and I watch my idol.