• December 21WMS Boys Basketball Plays AMS today at 4:00 in AMS
  • October 16WMS softball team plays Avenel in the playoff game today at WHS, 6:00!
  • October 11WMS softball team plays FMS today at 4:15 at Colonia middle!

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

WMS raises money with Pajama and Pretzel Day

WMS students enjoy pretzels on pajama day.

Pajama Day and Pretzel Day were both very successful events. Pajama Day led by NJHS and Pretzel Day led by the WMS Band

Ms. Mchale, a 6th grade language arts teacher, and head of NJHS was in charge of pajama day. Ms. McHale explained how she came up with pajama day,“It wasn’t really my idea, it was Dr. Lott’s suggested pajama day because our poinsettia fundraiser didn’t give us as much of the revenue that we need to do our NJHS induction ceremony, so Dr. Lott suggested, ‘hey do a pajama day the students really get involved in’ and she was right”

The advisor also explained where the funds went and if they planned on doing more events, “So our funds that we used to induct into the NJHS we do purchase them a pin as well as a certificate and each eighth grader gets a cord to wear at graduation that they can keep because we don’t want to have to get them back. So those are some funds that go into induction and we like to have some penny cash available so if we are doing any service projects we use those funds.”

Overall, Ms. McHale thought that pajama day was a success.  She said, “Yes pajama day was a complete success because we have another idea for a spring service project which we will discuss at our next meeting wednesday.”. She also said “yes of course” to doing any more future events similar to this.

Analisse Diaz shared her opinions about pajama day. She expressed how she enjoyed pajama day and said, “yes I did.” She said that every day should be pajama. She said “yes, absolutely” if she thought pajama day was an overall success.

Mrs. Maneri, in charge of WMS band,and instrumental music teacher, and the advisor of pretzel day. Her thought on how she came up with the idea for the sale was, “They used to do it years ago, and thought it was something fun to bring back because the kids seem to enjoy it”

Pretzel day is also a fundraiser.  She explained where the funds go, “We use that for the competitions we have in May. A lot of money goes towards buying the buses that we rent for that day and some other things within the music department”

She said, “Yes everyone loves the pretzels” when asked if she thought the event was a success. She plans to do another sale and said, “February 2nd get ready to buy them”.

Ezequiel Luciano said he thought pretzel day was a success.  Luciano said that pretzel day should take place on a half day.

Overall, both events were a complete success. Everyone enjoyed these events and want to do more similar events in the future.