WMS 1st annual spirit week 12/17-12/21

Nancy Riggio

Mr.Harris getting hyped up for next weeks spirit week

WMS is holding a spirit week on the last week before Christmas break, December 17-21. Spirit week is a week full of activities to bring WMS together and celebrate school spirit.

Monday, December 17 is Pajama Day. Students may wear their pajamas to school, but are not allowed to wear onesies or take off their shoes.

Tuesday, December 18 is Decade Day. Students may choose a decade from 1900-2000 and dress according to the trends during the time. Headwear covering the face, masks, props, and anything not allowed by the school dress-code policy will not be permitted.

Wednesday, December 19 is WMS warrior Wednesday. Students will compete to see who has the most school spirit. One can wear light face makeup in the colors red, white, and black. Again, no headwear and the attire must abide by the school dress-code.

Thursday, December 20 is thrilling head wear Thursday. Students may wear their favorite holiday-themed hat/headband, or create a winter themed hat/headband what they like best about Christmas.

Friday, December 21 is Festively Funky Friday. Students may wear their favorite funky winter-themed shirt. No head wear or separate props.   

There will also be early dismissal on Friday resulting in a extended homeroom. During the homeroom period, students will be given a snowman template and instructed to decorate in their desired fashion. There will be a winner announced during the assembly at the end of the day.

To participate in spirit week students must return the form given to them during homeroom with the days they would like to participate checked off and the amount of money required to their homeroom teacher no later than Friday 12/14.