WMS Building a Promising Future

Jayden Pena

Woodbridge Middle School is an old school, so it’s time that it is upgraded. WMS is getting renovations to the school in the future.

WMS is a school in need of improvements so WMS will have renovations to the rear basement. The renovations will expand the gym and it will add more classrooms to the building. The school will look more modernized to fit in with the other schools in the district. This is huge for WMS as a school and it is in store for the WMS future. Bob Fedison, a long-time custodian at WMS says, “The project will accommodate many more things, which will be easier to keep the school clean.”

WMS will add a new full-size gymnasium with bleachers and a renovated locker room complete with new lockers and a new storage room. Also, there will be a renovated community vocal and instrumental classroom. The nurses suite will now be located on the bottom floor. The office will be relocated to the bottom floor. Dr. Crowe, the principal at WMS thinks, “ the main office in the basement is a good idea as it will be easier for parents to access the office and they don’t have to go up stairs to get to the main office.”

On the main floor there will be three new classrooms and seven renovated classrooms. The former office will be turned into a classroom, and renovated guidance suites. There will be three upgraded bathrooms and two women’s and men’s bathroom. There will be two new science classrooms. The former nurse suite will now be a meeting room.

On the top floor there will be two new rooms, three renovated science rooms, and three renovated classrooms. There will be new custody and a new storage room as well with upgraded bathrooms. Many new lockers will be added for a bigger capacity of students increased by about 100 students. Dr. Crowe says, “ The school will be like a brand new school.”

This is the biggest student body that Woodbridge Middle School has had since the school opened. Bob Fedison discussed the improvement of the school environment, “The project will help the school structure to keep it a nice environment for the students.” WMS will now have an elevator, a technology room, and a new main office in the basement. A total of 562 new lockers added to the school.