6th Grade Students Acclimation To WMS

6TH+GRADE+STUDENTS+ACCLIMATION+TO+WMS%3A+Adjusting+to+6th+graders+and+the+school+environment.+

6TH GRADE STUDENTS ACCLIMATION TO WMS: Adjusting to 6th graders and the school environment.

Genesis Perez, Fall Author

6th grade is the year where everything changes. Lockers, classes, blocks and lunch. Most students love being part of something new, but others tend to feel afraid and shy.

Nylah Holt, Tymir Hill,  Jefferey Deleonva, Morgan Diviney, Isabella Stephan, Anvita Sinha, Andrew Franco, Anthony-Danny, Tyler Weber and Zyarah Alzaraz; a group of 6th grade students explained their outlook so far in a middle school.

Nyla Holt’s hobby on a daily basis is to run track. Holt stated “That we had more freedom in middle school,” she added “there are way more classes than in Ross Street.” Ross Street school #11 is her previous elementary school. She said Gym, Language Arts and Science are her most prefered classes because they are “easy A’s.”

Tymir Hill declared “guard the castle” was his favorite class, as well as Nyla.  He said “there is more freedom in this school.”

Jefferey Deleonva and his fellow 6th grade friend, Morgan Diviney, came from the same elementary school, Mawbey School #1. Morgan said “The school is way smaller and there was only one floor” he added, Language Arts is his favorite class. Deleonva mentioned that “I like the lockers and I have a lot of A’s in history so it’s my favorite class.”

Anvita Sinha explained what intrigued her, “The school’s size and amount of classes.” When asked to introduce herself, Sinha said “I’m Bilingual, I’ve been in honor roll every time and i’m in G&T” (Gifted and Talented). She also revealed that she’s been in an Art State World Wide contest.

Reyes-Pizarro Anthony-Danny described his accomplishments and observations about the school, “I like the lockers and operations and i’ve been in honor societies. And the lockers are huge.”

Isabella Stephen explained what she likes about WMS, “They treat you with more maturity and you don’t have to stay in the same class” she added on, “you get lockers so you don’t have to carry your books.”

When adjusting to a new school or environment, things aren’t as easy as they seem. New friends, teachers and organizations are hard to regulate. For some students, it’s without difficulty to approach others with a smile.