• December 21WMS Boys Basketball Plays AMS today at 4:00 in AMS
  • October 16WMS softball team plays Avenel in the playoff game today at WHS, 6:00!
  • October 11WMS softball team plays FMS today at 4:15 at Colonia middle!

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

WMS bowling girls team take home another championship trophy

Chris K
WMS girls bowling team with their trophy.

Two weeks ago, the WMS girls’ bowling team took first place for another championship this year in Woodbridge township at Majestic Lanes.

Mr. Maneri, who is no stranger to the playoffs as a multi-championship winning coach, explained what the season was like and their mindset going into the championship, “I told them just keep bowling like you have the entire season we had a very dominant year every single match is 2 games and we had 8 matches a season so that 16 games our girls only lost one all season so I just told them  ‘keep your head down and just keep bowling the way you [have been], just treat it like another day  and that’s what they did and [they] dominated the championship too.” 

Bobbi Jo Timinski, a WMS bowler, explained her performance in the championship,I did well in my first game I did a little better than my second game.” She also said, “I think we, overall, all did really well.” 

Timinski said that her and the team’s strategy was to continue what they had been doing, “Well, we beat Colonia  both times we played them so just do what we were always doing  and what got us there.”

Gracie Milevoi is an 8th grader and WMS bowling player. Milevoi said that her strategy was also to play  “like it was a normal game.”

Many of the team members all have the same mindset of why they tried  and what their motivation was. Timinski said, “I tried out for bowling because I made all of my other friends try out and it was just going to be an hour of fun bowling and hanging out but it turned out pretty good. We won two championships but it was a lot of fun.”

Milevoi also stated her motivation was ”probably just doing it with my friends.” 

Aubrey Petrecelli is a 7th-grade student and a bowling player who says that her motivation was also her friends.

Mr. Maneri also said that one of the ways he encourages his team  is by telling them how proud he is, “I just keep letting them know that I am proud of everything they’re doing and that every single time  we go out there we just do what we’re supposed to do.”