• December 21WMS Boys Basketball Plays AMS today at 4:00 in AMS
  • October 16WMS softball team plays Avenel in the playoff game today at WHS, 6:00!
  • October 11WMS softball team plays FMS today at 4:15 at Colonia middle!

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

WMS Appreciation to Mr.Maneri

Isaiah Mercado
Mr.Maneri holds 2 thumbs up.

Mr.Maneri is an 8th grade teacher and Coach at WMS. Today we share our appreciation of him by talking about his career. 

Mr.Maneri prefers coaching over teaching as he coaches bowling and volleyball. His favorite thing to do as a coach is to see a player grow from the beginning of the year to the end of the year.

Even great coaches have superstitions. He said, “I’m superstitious. I have to make sure to wear the same under shirt and my red sneakers are just a little superstition.’’

His highest score in a bowling match is 300.  For those of you that do not know, that is a perfect game. He explained how he motivates his players, “I just like to remind them we’re here for a reason, especially in the playoffs and the championships and we are just going to keep doing what we’re doing. Further,” I don’t want to add pressure to the players.”

This is his 12th year teaching at WMS.  His favorite thing to do as a teacher is, “Coming here everyday hanging out and joking around and talking about math and watching students grow.”

Mr.Maneri said if he were to have to teach another subject he would pick gym, “I do so much coaching I think I would like teaching gym and coding,” but that’s math related. But for gym I  could wear sweatpants.”

All around Mr.Maneri is a great teacher and coach who is here at WMS and we appreciate it.