• December 21WMS Boys Basketball Plays AMS today at 4:00 in AMS
  • October 16WMS softball team plays Avenel in the playoff game today at WHS, 6:00!
  • October 11WMS softball team plays FMS today at 4:15 at Colonia middle!

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

2024 Super Bowl Predictions at WMS

Destiny Perez
Prepping for the 2024 Super Bowl.

Sunday, January 28, 2024 was the NFL Playoff game. The San Francisco 49ers played against the Detroit Lions. The Baltimore Ravens went against the Kansas City Chiefs. The first game that was played was the Ravens and Chiefs with the Chiefs winning by 7 points. The score was 17-10. Then the next game played was the 49ers and the Lions with the 49ers knocking off the Lions with 34-31 with an extreme comeback after losing for a majority of the game.

Eighth grader, Christopher Hernandez, thought that the Lions and Chiefs would be taking the victory and going to the Super Bowl. Hernandez believes that the Lions had a “better” offense overall. When asked who he thinks will win the Super Bowl, Hernandez said, “The Chiefs will win. I don’t think Brock Purdy is Super Bowl ready because he’s a rookie.” He also said he believes that the Jets will win next year’s Super Bowl so we’ll just have to wait and see.

Eighth grader, Israel “Izzy” Acevedo, said he thought the Ravens and Lions would win but unfortunately for Acevedo, they both lost. He said that the Ravens were the number one seed and the Lions were the underdogs. “Underdogs usually win,” said Acevedo. He thinks the 49ers will win this year’s Super Bowl for revenge. Even after the playoff game, Acevedo still believes the Ravens and Lions should have taken the victory.

Eighth grader, Nolan Nixon, believes the Ravens and Lions would also win the playoffs. Nixon said that Lamar Jackson has been doing “good” this season and has been showing out. “I think he choked up in that game. He had a couple of good throws and stuff,” said Nixon. 

He said the Lions are one of the best, if not the best football team in the league. He thinks they need to consistently put an effort into all the quarters. Nixon said, “Sometimes teams tend to not try as much as they do in the fourth quarter as they do in the first quarter.” 

When asked his predictions for the Super Bowl, he said he thinks the Chiefs will win. He said Travis Kelce and Pat Mahomes have been one of the “best” duos for the past four years now. “I mean the 49ers have Brock Purdy and all that but I feel like the Chiefs will come out and win,” said Nixon.

Seventh grader, Bryson Nelson, said he always believed in the Chiefs because they’re his favorite team. The one team he knew would win would also be the Chiefs because they’ve won the Super Bowl two years in a row already. Nelson said that being a team playing with each other and using all their other players to their best advantage is a good adjustment to be made. When asked who he thinks will win the Super Bowl, Nelson said, “Me, personally, I’ve never watched the 49ers play but I really like the Chiefs, so the Chiefs.”

Both the San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs made it to play in the Super Bowl which is taking place on Sunday, February 11, 2024. The Chiefs have made their fourth appearance in the Super Bowl for the past 5 years as well as it being their 6th time in the Super Bowl overall. On the other hand, the 49ers have overall appeared in seven Super Bowls and won five. About four years ago the 49ers played against the Chiefs during the 2020 Super Bowl but were demolished drastically. As a 49ers fan, this year is their year to come back from that loss and make a mark in NFL history.