December Students Of The Month end the year with leadership

six grade December students of the month pose for the camera

On the Friday before winter break, Mrs. Torrella and Mrs. Valente, the school counselors of WMS, annouced December’s Students Of The Month, John Bakos and Ryleigh Mihalics.

Bakos and Mihalics reactions to their name being called were “surprised” and “happy”. “I never thought in a million years,” Mihalics said about her being student of the month. She said this was the “best Christmas gift ever” and she was filled with joy.

Mihalics role models are her mother, father, her best friend, Mrs. Duffy, Mrs. Gallagher, and Ms. Wong. “They did a good job raising me,” she said about her parents.

Bakos likes to play sports, he enjoys playing “baseball, hockey, and football.” Bakos plays for Woodbridge’s baseball team and he plans on joining WMS’ baseball team next year when he’s a seventh grader. Bakos is interested in joining WMS’ chess club as well.  “I like math because it’s easy” Bakos said when he was asked what is his favorite subject.

Mihalics favorite activity is art. “I really like to draw; it’s basically a hobby.” Mihalics said, “I just go for it.” Art is her passion.  One of her best friends taught her how to draw, but sadly her best friend had to move away. Mihalic’s family has their own quote which is “never go half way always go all the way.”

Both Bakos and Mihalics enjoy being students here at WMS. “I have to say that I was a little nervous.” Mihalics said about first entering our school.
John Bakos and Ryleigh Mihalics ended 2016 with success and helped motivate the other six grade students to work hard.