Students at WMS wow the crowd at winter concert

Mr. McGuire

LETS LET WINTER SHINE: WMS choir sings at the winter concert

Cynthia Olsen, Author

On December 6th the students at WMS performed a Winter concert for parents and faculty.

Mrs.Maneri, a band teacher for WMS, said, “It was exciting I haven’t done a winter concert in a long time so it was fun to play some of our pieces like we always played let it snow as a group so that was fun to bring it back as a full group.”

Mrs. Maneri explained how she calms her nerves, and she said, “I guess I’ve never thought about that I guess I just look at my students and know they worked hard and have confidence in their playing.”

The Chorus teacher at WMS, Mr.McGuire, talked about some of his influences.  He said, “I had a teacher in high school that was my chorus teacher Barbara Retzko.  She came into my life at a very pivotal time I was struggling with anxiety as most teenagers do, my grades weren’t the best and she corrected my course to be a better version of myself.”

Mr. McGuire explained how he continued his music career, and he said, “I realized I loved music but I didn’t want to be away from my loved ones so being a music teacher really helped me follow that dream and stay with my loved ones.”

Students at WMS also talked about the differences from last year to this year.  Eddie, a 7th-grade student at WMS, said, “Last year we only played one Christmas song and this year we only sang Christmas songs.”

Eddie explained how he calms his nerves, and he said, “I think that when your just start playing and you make a mistake nobody will be able to tell if it was you or not.”