A sedulous Principal sets high standards

Dr. Crowe introduces the softball team and compliments student body

Our exuberant principal, Dr. Crowe, was looking forward to the WMS kickoff pep rally. Dr. Crowe believed that having this event would increase school spirit and set a “tone” for the brand new school year.

Expectations were set high for both students and faculty. Dr. Crowe said, “I want everyone to work hard and be respectful to themselves and others.” Our principal expects everyone at our school to contribute their best effort into making the year run smoothly.

The pep rally, like every other assembly, includes Dr. Crowe introducing the event to students and faculty members. He says that his previous acting career required him to be in front of large crowds. “ I no longer get nervous when talking in front of the school,” says Dr. Crowe.

Before becoming the principal of our school, Dr. Crowe was also a teacher. He likes teaching and being a principal both equally, but says they are different from each other. When he was a teacher he had to focus solely on a small number of students and as a principal he must supervise an entire school of students and faculty members.

Dr. Crowe says the pep rally went great because it had a positive influence on the school. “From start to finish, students behaved and it was exciting,” commented Dr. Crowe. He was even impressed with how students exited the auditorium.

His favorite part was when the teams were introduced because that always gets the students up on their feet. Disciplinary reports are going down and he’s very proud of the students. The pep rally gave an opportunity to start off the school year and sports season.

He hopes his words give guidance to the staff and serves an example for the students. Dr. Crowe says it’s been a great couple of months and wants us to keep moving forward.