• April 3Girls trying out for volleyball tryouts are Tuesday, April 9 at Fords Middle School

• April 3Girls trying out for the volleyball team this year papers are due this Friday April 5

• March 28Boys needed for the boys volleyball team!!! See Mr.Murphy for more details.

Will this Aladdin remake be in-genie-ous or will it be Ja-far from good?

Genie considers this trailer “Sultan the wound.”

Photo via https://www.maxpixel.net/Florida-Genie-Character-Cartoon-Orlando-353268 under The Creative Commons License.

Genie considers this trailer “Sultan the wound.” Photo via https://www.maxpixel.net/Florida-Genie-Character-Cartoon-Orlando-353268 under The Creative Commons License.

Kevin Caffrey, Spring Editor

Aladdin has been many people’s favorite Disney movie ever since its release 26 years ago, but would another version of the classic tale be seen as fixing what wasn’t broken, or a refreshing reimagining?

Senor Eubanks, un tipo realmente genial, said he was glad that they put more clothes on Jasmine, and that “The Genie looks poofy, but I’ll still see it.”

Noah Gibb, an eighth grader at WMS, said, “It looks way better than the teaser trailer and I’ll definitely see it.”

Tyler Mjartan, Will Smith Genie Enthusiast, said he loves the appearance of the new Genie. He continued by saying the new movie will likely be “Infinity-Times” better than the original. He once again added that he’s really only seeing it for the meme.

Mr. Keuscher, otherwise known as ‘the pinnacle of human performance’, said it’s a “very visually pleasing” trailer and people must get used to a “different take” on the cartoon. He also added that it is not very historically accurate.

Michael Thomas, skeptical eighth grader, said the new trailer has much better effects than the teaser trailer because they probably weren’t completely finished when they released the teaser. He added that “the new one has no chance at all at being better than the original.”

Brian Cantalupo, seventh grader, said it looks like a movie he’d definitely want to see, but the genie still looks “sort of weird”.

Mr. Lee, math connoisseur, said, “I grew up with the original and there’s nothing that can beat it. It’s not that the genie looks weird, it’s that they’re trying to make the genie again, and nothing can replace Robin Williams.”

Michael Kowalski, eighth grader, said he’ll “probably see it with his sister because he sees most movies with her.” He added later that the genie looks “sort of weird.”

Isaiah Cortes, otherwise known as SyferNY, said he likes the look of the new genie and that he’ll see it “but not in the movies.”

Mr. Malmstrom, longtime Aladdin fan, said “The new trailer looks better than the teaser, but not as good as the original. The original was a childhood favorite of mine.” The only thing he was not excited about was the new Jafar, saying he looked “lame.”

Mr. Guidetti, language arts teacher, said, “It’ll have a hard time beating the original because of Robin Williams, but I’ll still go see it with my daughter most likely”

My take-away from the trailer is that I’m super skeptical of whether it’ll be good or not. Disney tried to fool me with these other live action remakes and it didn’t work at all, but this time I really want to see it. I’m worried that it’ll be a waste of time on my part, but I have enough hope that it’ll be good.

So what’s the school’s consensus? Most people said they’ll see the movie, but they’re very skeptical as to whether it’ll be good or not.