Star Students show us what the Warrior Way is all about

Photo with permission: Photo by Natalie Shockley from her iPad used with permission

Natalie Shockley, Fall Editor

Michael Kidwell and Jade Stetson were two of many of the December Star Students of the Month that were nominated for demonstrating the Warrior Way.

Kidwell was recognized for demonstrating the Warrior way by helping two students in his language Arts Class. His teacher Ms. D’Orsi was the person to nominate him. D’Orsi stated “I believe that Michael has the ability to see when someone needs help and that’s why he helped.” Though that’s not actually the real reason according to Kidwell himself. He said that the only reason he helped was because he was finished with his independent work and decided to help. “ I believe that I helped Griffin Scarano with his Outsiders Newspaper, and Ryan Ortega Cardoso with The Holocaust assignments from Newsela” said Kidwell.

Stetson represented the Warrior Way by cleaning up after her peers and handing in some money she found on the floor. Stetson’s teacher Mr.Blackmore was the one to witness this and decided to nominate her for Star Student of The Month. Blackmore stated, “I don’t remember the exact amount of what she gave. It may have been around 10 dollars, but I’m not sure.” There were many items that Stetson had picked up over the course of the week. Stetson said that the whole reason she picked up the stuff was because she wouldn’t want her stuff on the floor. In this was Stetson was showing Integrity since she didn’t know Mr. Blackmore was watching.