October Star Students are recognized for their kindness

Mrs.Torrella

Star Students pose for a picture.

Carlito Velez, Chris Carratural, Gabriela Rodriguez, Izaak Sacred Promise, Teresa Androvich, Tyler Boelhower, Homeroom Three, Homeroom E, the softball, and baseball team became WMS October Star Students due to compassion.

Both Chris Carratura, and Gabriela Rodriguez were recognized when they helped students, who were out sick, understand missing assignments.  Rodriguez says she was “surprised”, and “excited” when she found out she was Star Student. On the other hand, Carratura feels “interesting” after becoming Star Student. “It’s never happened before,” Carratura explains. Mrs. Steinberg, the teacher who suggested both students, said she felt proud when it was announced they were Star Students. Mrs. Steinberg provided advice for students aiming to be Star Student, “believe in yourself and you can do anything.” Carratura’s advice is to “work hard”

The “kind and considerate” Star Student Tyler Boelhower talks about how his family and friends were “proud of him” for being Star Student. He isn’t the only Star Student in his family Boelhower commented, “ My brother won Star Student once. He has never complimented me, but even he was happy for me.” Lots of students strive to become Star Student Boelhower thinks  “Try[ing] your best” is the way to go.

Ms.Nardoza recognized Carlito Velez for reorganizing the classroom every day. “Excited” about being recognized he says being Star Student “Makes [him] feel better.” Velez isn’t the only one who felt “excited” his family and friends did too.

Teresa Androvich becomes Star Student by turning in $25 that she found on the floor. Being Star Student helps her be more “confident”. “ You could do something in the world by one kind act,” Androvich comments. Androvich gives advice to students who want to be Star Student, “be kind, and nice to each other”.

Izaak Sacred  Promise recognized by Mr.Malmstrom is considered the most “positive person on the [baseball] team.”   “He came to every baseball  game, and is the most positive person on the team.” according to Mr.Malmstrom. Promise is always showing the Warrior Way,  “He picks players up and always looks on the positive side of things in every situation,” mentioned Mr.Malmstrom. We can always learn something from someone and Promise’s “ unwavering positive attitude and a positive outlook on life” is one of those things.

Homeroom E was awarded for showing school spirit. According to Mrs. Rackett, the homeroom is “very excited” when they come in. Ms. Rackett says she suggested the homeroom, because of their “interaction with each other, and the school.” “In the hallways they will remind each other to bring in items,” Ms. Rackett commented. Homeroom 3 was also awarded for being well behaved while Ms. Rackett substituted for Ms. Dunn. “I was happy for them,” Ms. Dunn comments. Jasmine Hickok, a student from Ms. Dunn’s homeroom, thought it was “cool”. According to Hickok, her homeroom “doesn’t seem like a good class, but [they] can be.” “If the teacher says something we need to do, we do it,” Hickok comments.

Woodbridge Middle School’s baseball and softball team demonstrate the Warrior Way every day by having good “sportsmanship,” and always “clapping at the end of a game whether they win or lose,” mentioned Mrs.Rackett. These Woodbridge Warriors “Play there hardest all season long and never gave up,” according to Coach Dunn.

WMS Softball team.
Baseball team of WMS.