February Star Students score swell deeds across WMS

Chloe Monsanto, Spring Author

As WMS Students follow the Warrior Way, four students were recognized as WMS’ February Star Students. Riley Volpe, Aaron Riggins, Joseph Lepisto, and Ryan Ortega-Cardoso portray respect, responsibility, and integrity.

Riley Volpe, a Star Student in 6th grade, says “my sister is a good role model to look up to, because when she was in middle school, she knew a lot of teachers and students.” Volpe’s sister taught her to be the “same way” and she taught her a lot of things she is “glad to know”.

To succeed in school, Volpe suggests “focus on grades”, and “being nicer to teachers”. She sees a lot of kids “getting in trouble”, but grades should be a “main priority”. Kids should go in for “extra help”  to raise their grades if they “need more guidance”.

Aaron Riggins, a Star Student in 6th grade, suggests that if students are “always recognized” for doing good things, it becomes a “daily thing”. Plus, “the speciality is taken away”. Riggins also suggests, “Teachers are a good role model for  students to look up to, because even though they can be mean, they are just trying to look out for us.”

Ms. Torella
SIXTH GRADE STAR STUDENTS SOAR WITH THEIR CERTIFICATES: Riley Volpe and Aaron RIggins take a picture with honor as they hold their Star Students certificates.

Joseph Lepisto, a Star Student in 7th grade, states that students are doing something “good”, but they shouldn’t need a reward for that. They should just do it “automatically”. Lepisto is a fan of playing soccer, and video games. Lepisto was “excited to receive Star Student, because it was my first time to get an award like this.”

Ryan Ortega-Cardoso, a Star Student in 7th grade, comments that Mr. Blackmore is a “good person” to “look up to”. Ortega-Cardoso suggests, “I felt surprised when I won Star Student, because I don’t get rewarded for doing good things often.”

Good work to the February Star Students. Let’s all follow their conduct, and continue to demonstrate the Warrior Way.