Top notch teachers of January

A+SMILE+OF+APPRECIATION%3A+Mrs.+Duffy+wins+the+teacher+of+the+month+of+January+

A SMILE OF APPRECIATION: Mrs. Duffy wins the teacher of the month of January

Nico Diaz, Spring Editor

FEELING ACCOMPLISHED: Mr. Cianfano wins the teacher of the month of January

Teachers disseminate a myriad of lessons, even life lessons. The WMS teachers of the month for January are Mr. Cianfano, Mr. Murphy, Ms. McDonald, and Ms. Duffy.

The sixth grade teacher of the month is Mr. Cianfano, as a coach he understands the value of teaching life lessons. Being a teacher to him is “the best profession in the world,” he says. The subject that he teaches is Math and his favorite lesson to teach is proportions because they are “organized”. Mr. Cianfano keeps surpassing the odds with his teaching abilities, as he feels “honored” for winning this award.

The second sixth grade teacher of the month is Mrs. Duffy, as she wanted to “touch the lives of children and help guide them.” Although she likes to shop on Amazon in her free time, her priority is to teach her students. She said “I like to read to the students and get them engaged and make the book come alive.” She teaches Language Arts. Mrs. Duffy is “touched” by winning this award. One of her high school English teachers inspired her.

The seventh grade teacher of the month is Mr. Murphy; he says “I think that trying to make an impact on a student every day and connect with them is what inspires me to teach.” Mr. Murphy loves to teach characterization so his students can “understand” the characters. Winning this award to him is “awesome” especially to be recognized by the kids. He likes to play video games sometimes such as Fortnite, or watch sports. He teaches Language Arts. One of Mr. Murphy’s teachers that inspired him was Mr. Ziegler, a honors Language Arts teacher. Mr. Murphy continues to make an impact here at WMS.

Winning the eighth grade teacher of the month is Ms. McDonald as she feels “honored”, but “humbled” for winning this award. As one of her students, Brett Lukachyk says “She’s nice and she’s a good Language Arts teacher.” Ms. McDonald says “I have a passion for learning about myself, so I want to instill that passion in my students.” Ms. McDonald likes to watch Netflix and play with her dog in her free time. Ms. McDonald is a Language Arts teacher in eighth grade.

A special thank you to the teachers of the month for all you do.

SMILES ALL AROUND: Mr. Murphy winning teacher of the month of January
NOTHING BUT SMILES: Ms. McDonald winning teacher of the month of January