December Star Students Strive To Success

Genesis Perez, Fall Author

6th and 8th December star students displayed morality and in return, were awarded star students for this month. If they could all do it, you could too for next month.                

Riley Volpe is a 6th grade star student. Volpe says “I sing, do art and band where we’re playing at the Prudential Center ” in her spare time, which is held in the “Devils Home”. Riley explains how she balances her school work with her extracurricular activities, “It’s hard, but I go in for extra help. I balance it with my friends because, they and my mom, would help me and I would do the rest.

Volpe says she felt happy and “very proud” of herself for becoming a star student, “I got student of the month two times in a row.” Her parents feel “very proud” too and she says her mom got “really excited” and her sister as well because they want her to do well.

To help out, Riley explains that she was outside with her friend and she found a dollar. “I told my mom to stop so I could give the dollar to the main office.”

Alyssa Diaz’ hobbies consist of her running and playing volleyball. She concludes that her parents felt “happy when she did something good.” Diaz says that to keep her studies and activities in balance she “makes time for sporty things and for school.”

Victoria Roca says she plays video games, likes to paint, and sometimes take painting classes. Roca concludes that “I just felt happy in general because I finally got an award for all the work I’ve done.” To keep everything balanced she tries to do her work first before anything else, then the activities and chores.  Meanwhile, Bret Showalter says he “does research” in his spare time.

All in all, let’s congratulate them all for showing schools spirit and getting the recognition they deserve for it.