January Star students of the month

Ms.Torella

CONGRATULATIONS WMS JANUARY ACHIEVERS: Star students of the new year start us off with a BANG!

Ms.Torrella and Mrs.Valente start the new year with a wowing amount of recognition to seven hardworking achievers. Shannon Muldowney, Ivan Obando Andujar, Leonardo Morel, Gianna Benicaso, Samantha Ngo, Anthony Giron-Gonzalez, and Maurice Johnson all were recommended to be the January Star Students for their many accomplishments by their teachers.

Shannon Muldowney received star student for the month of January because of her continuous acts of helping Mrs.Liastro out with cleaning and helping her carry things. Shannon continuously helped Mrs. Liastro out when she most needed the help. Shannon was “left in shock” when she was awarded and when her name was said over the loudspeaker. “Anything can happen with faith.” Shannon constantly reminded herself this to keep positivity throughout her life daily. “I had no adjectives to describe how I felt.” Shannon said, as she was “new” to this school and “never received an award like this”. Although Shannon couldn’t believe this achievement her parents couldn’t either, Shannon said, “They made a big deal and they were extremely proud for me.” Way to go, Shannon!

Ivan Obando Andujar was given an award for star students for January due to an unbelievable amount of kindness and consideration. Ivan found money lying down in Mrs.Moorjani’s classroom and instead of keeping it he gave it to Mrs. Moorjani to give to the owner. His friends and parents were so proud of him, but were in such a shock because it was so unexpected. “Always try your best,” Ivan said. Ivan claims even if he didn’t get rewarded he would try to do better daily to become noticed.  “Finally,” Ivan said, “I was so happy, to do something good, I was never rewarded for an award like this.”  Ivan was beyond excited and couldn’t keep a smile of his face, but he says “ I will still continue doing good things.” Way to want to continue having achievements, Ivan!

Leonard was watched by Mrs.Pastor as he picked garbage off of the classroom floor. Leonard says,  “It was just a piece of paper,” resulting to why he was recommended for star student.  “I did what I had to do.” Leonard says, as he didn’t feel like he should’ve been rewarded. Although he had his doubts, his parents were proud of him and that made him feel “good” about himself. Great awards may come from a little act but the care put in is worth recognition, Leonard!

Gianna Benicaso was awarded star student due to helping a student without being told to do. Gianna wasn’t expecting the award, but she felt very good doing something nice. “Education is the ability to meet life situations.”says Gianna, she continously reminders herself about this quote daily to help her choose the right path. Gianna was “proud” and wasn’t thinking she would receive something in return. Awesome, keep up the amazing work, Gianna!

Samantha Ngo earned star student in January for helping Mrs. Duffy put up other students chairs without being asked to do so, concluding to why she got recognition. At first Samantha was confused to what the award was for, even when she found out, she was still in awe. “I do it to make my parents proud,” Samantha says as a motivator to do good work. “I just wanted to help, since the other kids didn’t,” Samantha incites as she was “confused” when getting the award. Great way to set an example for others to start doing good work , Samantha!

Anthony Giron-Gonzalez was awarded for star student after helping Mrs. Duffy and Samantha put up chairs that the others students didn’t due and without being told to do so. Anthony had a lot of support after receiving star student and wanted to share a song that motivates him called “Lose Yourself” by Eminem.  “I did what the other kids should have done,” Anthony says , “I was unsure why I got the award.” Although Anthony was left unsure when he found out what it was for he was both “surprised” and “excited”. “I just did it out of kindness” Anthony says. Kindness is one of the many keys to success , continue with the fabulous work , Anthony!

Maurice Johnson was given an award for helping Mrs. VanKleef down the stairs by helping her hold her belongings, also without being told to do so.  “I do it to make my family proud.” Maurice said. Maurice was “surprised”, he says “ I didn’t expect I would receive recognition for something I thought was right to do.” Although he didn’t get the chance to tell his parents many of his friends were both “proud” and “shocked” since Maurice did something so generous to help out a teacher in need. Maurice claims “I was happy to do something good!” That is AMAZING to hear that you were proud of yourself , keep at your dreams and continue achieving, Maurice!