7th grade leaders of the new year

Ms. Torrella

SHOUT OUT TO SHANNON AND ANTHONY: Congratulations to both of our January, 7th grade students of the month!

Shannon Muldowney and Anthony Ciaccio start the new year as the 7th grade students of the month.

Muldowney and Ciaccio were filled with exhilaration and shock when their names were called for 7th grade student of the month. Muldowney said, “When I got student of the month I was really excited and happy. I’m the new kid at this school so it was nice to be recognized.”  Ciaccio said “I was shocked, I never thought I would get it. There were so many other kids helping out too.” Both students agreed that there are so many other kids in the school that deserved it as well.

When asked about how they received student of student of the month, they talked about how they would work hard and help out. Muldowney would stay after classes to help her teachers, she said, “I got the award for helping my teacher, but I didn’t feel like I deserved the award.” Ciaccio said, “ I’ve been working so hard. My teachers inspired me to do better and I did. My grades got a whole lot better. The hard work totally paid off.”

These students are inspired every day in their day to day lives. Ciaccio said “My older sister is definitely my role model. She is good in school and very smart.”  Muldowney is inspired by her parents and older brother. She also said, “They have been with me my whole life”

Muldowney and Ciaccio continued talking about school and role models. As a kid it is important to look up to people in order to have an idea of how to act in the future.

Again, a huge congratulations to the two 7th grade recipients of the students of the month and a good luck to all the future students of the months.