8th grade student leaders

Ms.Torrella

CONGRATULATIONS: Elijah Rodriguez and Eliana Mejia for winning student of the month.

Genesis Henriquez, Spring Editor

Eliana Mejia and Elijah Rodriguez are the first students of the month of 2017. WMS students are rewarded for thriving to be successful students.

Mejia and Rodriguez were shocked and happy when they received this reward. Mejia said she was really “surprised” when her name was said by Ms. Torella.  Mejia went on to describe how she felt, “When I went down to Ms.Torrella’s office I was ecstatic.” Rodriguez said, “I didn’t expect the reward.”

When asked if they had any advice for students who want to be future students of the month, Rodriguez said, “My advice to people is to always be your true self.”  Mejia said, “No matter what be kind to one another and try your best in all your classes”.

Many teachers and students congratulated me when I won, said Rodriquez. Mejia said, “I was congratulated for a day. It slowly went back to normal, but I wasn’t upset.”

Mejia was nominated by Mr.Malmstrom. Malmstrom said, “Eliana was an exemplary student.” Rodriguez was nominated by Mrs.Kupcho. Kupcho said, “Elijah is kind, that’s why I nominated him.”

Mejia and Rodriguez continue to motivate students at Woodbridge Middle School.