• December 21WMS Boys Basketball Plays AMS today at 4:00 in AMS
  • October 16WMS softball team plays Avenel in the playoff game today at WHS, 6:00!
  • October 11WMS softball team plays FMS today at 4:15 at Colonia middle!

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Book Fair interview with Mr.Malmstrom

Mr.Malmstrom
Students shop in the book fair.

The following is a full transcript of the interview given by Mr.Malmstrom to Bishoy Eshak of The Warrior Messenger about the book fair.

BISHOY ESHAK: First question

MR.MALMSTROM: Okay

BE: Who set up the book fair?

MM: I set up the book fair and my students, shoutout to my period 5 language arts class, which did an amazing job setting up the book fair for me.  So I did the majority of it and then my period 5 class also set it up.

BE: Alright next question. What do you think could have improved about the book fair?

MM: Good question.  I think this was the best year of the book fair we had. The last, at least compared to last year, we sold over $4,000 which is a big deal, which means we raised about 1,000 dollars for the school to use for field trips, field day, things like that. The only thing that I might change is the room that we had it in, which was our room because it displaced us for a week. So I want to find out a better situation for that.

BE: Alright, next question. Where did the money go?

MM: Good question! The money goes straight to the school to be used for different events for our students so, like for example, if we have a dance we could use the money for refreshments, we could use the money for the DJ.  It just goes to the school for events to make the events more fun for our students.

BE: Alright. When did the school start planning for the book fair?

MM: When did we start planning? We started planning in August, which is when we chose the dates.

BE: Alright.Why is the book fair important?

MM: The book fair is important because A.) it promotes reading and, for me, reading and writing are the most important skills in life.  I believe firmly that if you’re good at reading and, specifically, writing; if you’re good at both of those things you’re going to have a leg up against anyone else in the world.  I get excited anytime students or young kids are, or I guess you’re young adults more so than young kids, but anytime you guys are excited about reading it makes me really excited.  So number one, that’s why I think it’s important to get people reading and then 2 getting an opportunity to raise money for the school is a really big deal, like that one thousand dollars is going to go a long way.

BE: Alright. How do you feel that they used your room for the book fair?

MM: Well, I don’t know where else we would have it so for right now it’s going to have to work you know what I mean. Obviously it would be nice to stay in my room but sometimes you have to be adaptive and be flexible, right? So I think it was a good cause and I’m happy to do it if that’s the only place we could do it.

BE: Alright.Is there anything you would like to add?

MM: Yes,we will be having another book fair in May. The week of May 20th to the 24th.  We’ll be hosting the second book fair of the year and if you know anybody that wants to help me out with the commercial, be in the commercial, write the commercial for me as you remember I had the books dropped on my head and everything. If you have any ideas or you know anyone else that wants to help, let me know.

BE: Alright, thanks!

MM: Good job Bishoy!