MLB predictions for 2023 season

Photo via https://www.flickr.com/ under the Creative Commons License

Brian Dwyer and Jack Koby

2023 is bound to be a great season for the MLB. So far there have been lots of predictions made. Coming off of the World Baseball Classic, many fans are excited to watch this season. Many people are wanting to see how teammates are going to react to each other after facing each other in the Baseball World Classic. Trea Turner, former Dodger, was outstanding in the world classic hitting 8 home runs. Turner is now on the Phillies and is aiming to make it to the World Series. I’m sure most people are wanting to see Shohei Ohtani and Mike Trout get along after Ohtani struck Trout out to win the Baseball World Classic. Let’s see what some WMS students have to say about this 2023 season. 

7th grade student and champion baseball player,  Ryan Bunten, said that he thinks the Yankees and Phillies are going to be in the World Series. “The Yankees are going to win really hard and win the championship,” said Bunten. Now, about the Phillies he said, “They are going to have another outstanding year and they are going to do the same thing as last year”

Bunten thinks that players Bryce Harper and Shohei Ohtani are going to win MVP this 2023 season. For the Cy Young award he thinks that AL pitcher Jacob deGrom and NL pitcher Sandy  Alcántara are going to win. Rookie, Anthony Volpe, is the starting shortstop for the New York Yankees. Bunten said, “I think Anthony Volpe is going to get dropped down from a starter.”

Dylan Fiore, a 7th grade student, thinks either the Yankees or Astros are going to make the World Series for the AL. For the NL, D. Fiore thinks that either the Phillies or Padres are going to the World Series. For the AL MVP D. Fiore thinks that Shohei Ohtani is going to win. He also thinks that Pete Alonso is going to win MVP because “he hits the ball really far and is not horrible for an infielder”  He also talked about the rising star, Anthony Volpe,  “Anthony Volpe is not going to be the greatest and I think he is going to have an AVG. above .250. But I think that he is going to have a pretty good year.”

Dylan Fiore’s twin brother, Andrew Fiore, a 7th grade student, predicts that the Yankees and Mets are going to be in the World Series. The Yankees are his favorite team so that’s why he thinks they’re going to be in it, “I think the Mets because I don’t like the Mets and the Yankees have to beat them.”. AL MVP A. Fiore thinks Shohei Ohtani is going to win. He said, “He said he pitches good and hits good.” “For the NL MVP I think Pete Aloanso is going to win because he hits tanks,.” A. Fiore said. 

There are two Cy Young awards given out every season. A. Fiore thinks that Jacob deGrom is going to win it in the AL, while.  Max Scherzer is going to win the NL. Anthony Volpe started for the Yankees on opening day. A. Fiore thinks that he is going to do well throughout the season because he is a star shortstop. 

Our opinions and predictions

I think the Yankees are going to have a good season this year and possibly make it to the World Series. I think Outfielder Judge and infielder Volpe are going to be very helpful to the team and are going to have a good season. Volpe is smooth in the infield, smart on the bases, and can hit. Aaron Judge previously had an average of .311 and had a 62 home run season. Judge almost won the triple crown. I also think the Phillies are going to make the World Series because they have a stacked team with a very good lineup and a very good pitching rotation. -Jack Kobylakiewicz. 

I think that the Phillies are going to go to the World Series back to back. They have Trea Turner and he is going to help them big time. For the AL, I think that the Yankees are going to make it. I think that Anthony Volpe is going to make a difference and make it to the World Series with the Yankees. In the World Series, I think that the Phillies are going to win in 5 games. – Brian Dwyer