The Club Fair Experience at Woodbridge Middle School!

Alan Jimenez, Editor

On October 11th at 3:10 PM after school, The WMS Club fair was going on and many clubs were there like the Electric Guitar club, Homework club, Drama club, Art Club, and many more!

CLUBS, CLUBS, AND MORE CLUBS AT WMS: Image of girl with thumbs up at The WMS Club Fair – Credits to Ciara Murphy.

The Club Fair took place on October 11th in the Cafeteria and many students were there. A WMS 8th-grade student, Cayden Bubb, shared his opinion about the Club Fair and he said, “I think it’s nice that people can connect about stuff that they like together, if they like chess then they can join the chess club. If they like drama they can join the drama club.”

Many were interested in it, some weren’t interested. Most students couldn’t make it to the Club Fair due to it being after school instead of during school. A student interested in one of the clubs named Mary Anderson said “I want to join the homework club with kids that are struggling with work.”

Although not that many students were there for it, many could share their opinion about it and what they really liked about it, and what they disliked about it. People like Anderson and Esoola Akomolafe disliked the crowds of people, yet still enjoyed the time they had there and joined many new clubs like the Art Club.

It seems to be that the Art club was the most popular club for many people. Many described how they had to wait a long time in lines. Akomolafe said that she had to ask for an art club permission slip the next day because it was so crowded.

Many enjoyed the Club Fair and would love to see it next year for the new students and old students. People like Olivia Sawicka and Rayan Czerwonka said they thought it was a “nice experience” for the 6th and 7th graders as they’ve never been able to experience something like this before. 

Overall, it was a great experience for all and many students hope it will return next year.