6th graders work their way through the new year

Ylia Thumman and Mark Cimaszewski recieve their awards

During the month of November, WMS has recognized an assortment of assiduous students, including Students of the Month Ylia Thumman and Mark Cimaszewski.

They both were quite surprised when they heard their names read over the loudspeaker. But they both participated differently to receive this award.

Ylia said she was “very excited” to hear her name; she had worked hard all year. She was surprised because there were so many great students this year and she was chosen. She participates in band and chorus and plays the clarinet. She had hoped she would get it and was glad she did.

Mark Cimaszewski said he had worked very hard in classes,  but was still very surprised about the outcome of the November Student of the Month. When he is not at school, he likes to go outside and practice his soccer skills, “My favorite subject is math”

Ylia and Mark say their inspirations were all of their teachers. This is because they are “just so polite, smart, and their teachers make them the people they are today.”  Ylia went to Ross Street Elementary and she said all of her past and present teachers are inspiring.

They were so eager to become students of the month and they showed how their hard work payed off.