November 7th grade students of the month continue the legacy

Sabrina Villanueva (left) and Joe Butta (right) pose for a picture with their certificates.

Sabrina Villanueva and Joe Butta were presented with the November Student of the Month award. These wise and eager students were recommended and voted on by teachers, then given this honorable award.

Joe Butta said that ‘he gets good grades”, when asked what makes him to a good student. Butta didn’t think he would get Student of the Month, because there are a lot of good students around him, and he “didn’t really think he did anything to win it”. He said “he just always tries his best.” Butta says that he felt confused when he was called for Student of the Month. Joe’s favorite subject is science because it interests him and his favorite class is STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.) Joe is in the WMS band and plays the trumpet.

Sabrina Villanueva says that her father encourages her to be a good student. She says that her father always tells her to “always try her best” and to “be her best”. Villanueva didn’t think that she’d get Student of the Month, because there were so many amazing students. Sabrina says that the thought that was in her mind at the moment was, “What? Me?” When Sabrina heard her name she was shocked. She says “I didn’t know until my teacher told me that I won. After that, I was happy!’ In her free time, Villanueva likes to read and practice her photography. Outside of school, Sabrina does karate and is a black belt! Villanueva’s favorite subject is math because it challenges her and makes her think and focus. Now, say hello to your 7th grade November Students of the Month.