Congratulations to WMS 7th grade students of the month of October!

WMS October students of the month!

In late October, the WMS AVA Club gratefully announced the students of the month, Lorena Gama and Bakari Gifted!

When Gama was announced as the recipient of the award, she said she was “shocked”. She didn’t expect to win, but she thinks it is because of math. Gifted also stated “[he] believe[s] math”  is why he was selected for student of the month.

Another student of the month of October, Bakari Gifted, says his inspiration is his father. Gifted said his father is a huge inspiration to him because his father is a vice principal at Newark High School, so he understands a little about how a school functions .

Gama’s inspiration is her mother, “She makes sure I do well, study, and get good grades.”

Gama’s favorite subject is math and Gifted’s favorite subjects are “history, science, and math.”, while Gama likes math because she “is pretty good at it.”

Gifted’s favorite sport is soccer because he “would always play it when he was younger.” Gama’s favorite sport is basketball.  Despite having “never tried it before”, Gama has earned a spot on the WMS Lady Warriors basketball team.

Gama says that she does not have a lot of free time because she spends a lot of time studying. . Gifted, on the other hand, says “I like to read sometimes” in his spare time. He is currently reading the book Mythology right now.

We congratulate our students of the month of October! Thank you for all the hard work and effort you put into this school year. Congratulations again and keep on working hard.