Mr. Blasena searches for the next restauranteur.

This+is+a+picture+of+a+3D+trophy+printer+for+the+restaurant+competition+

Alison Carrasco

This is a picture of a 3D trophy printer for the restaurant competition

Alison Carrasco, Fall Editor

Every year, WMS 7th grade students compete in a thrilling competition to find who’s restaurant is the best, while learning along the way.

Mr Blasena is delighted to teach this competition. This is his technology class’s fifth year participating. He decided to create this competition because “everyone likes to eat. Who doesn’t like to eat?” The winner gets a trophy that is handmade out of a 3D printer.

In this restaurant competition, the seventh graders and teachers are judging. The winners last year were Nick Hilenski and Jake Serrano who moved on to high school.

This contest is going to take place in WMS room 2B in the upstairs computer lab. Seventh graders only attend this contest because it is new to them.

Mr. Blasena believes the lesson helps students work on public speaking.  He went on to explain that this is a friendly competition because they are competing against each other,using new websites, and having fun..

Seventh graders Hamza Shahzad and Fiona Van Tassel are “thrilled”.

Shahzad is creating a Gyro restaurant because he says,“No one does this type of restaurant.” The food Shahzad is including is rice, meat, and bread. He also said, “I got inspired by my mom because she cooks really good, and there are not a lot of gyro places.”

Shahzad is learning new things while  this process like,how to use a google website and  learning to use Movie Maker. Shahzad is preparing a commercial for the first time, he enjoys working on the commercial.  The most difficult part of this process is writing “why the restaurant is better than others”, said Shahzad. He also said his commercial will make him win because he didn’t miss any of the components.

Fiona Van Tassel is another contestant in seventh grade.  Van Tassel’s theme is a Galaxy theme The deserts Van Tassel says she will include is pizza, cake, ice cream, and brownies. Van Tassel thought of her theme because she said, “I like science, space, and colors.”. However, she is scared of is presenting, she was also shy recording her voice, since she talks low she had to speak louder

Van Tassel thinks her advertisement part is going to make her win.  Also, she said the “ FOOD IS CHEAP.”

There you have it folks, this is going to be a really tough competition.