• May 29June 22 8th grade graduation

• May 29June 19 7th grade dance

• May 29June 18 6th grade dance

Indecisive decisions for schools

Photo via https://patch.com/new-jersey/eastbrunswick/inspire-5k-to-raise-money-in-memory-of-vo-tech-student under the Creative Commons License

Scott Lucarelli, Fall Editor

Vocational school is like any other regular high school, but you learn a specific trade. Vocational school is for people who want to go to work right after high school. Vocational school is great for certain people that know what career they want.

Vocational schools and high school share some similarities with each other. In high school, you have all your regular classes like math, english, history and science. VoTech does as well, but they focus a lot on your trade that you’re going for. In VoTech there isn’t prom or cotillion. Votech and highschool are both very similar you still get the same education.

I have been indecisive about whether or not I should go to vocational school or traditional high school, but I finally made a decision. And my decision was, no. I want to go for makeup and cosmetology, which involves more hair than anything. Also. I don’t want to lose my friends. I feel like a traditional high school is the way to go for me.

The pros of going to a Vocational School, in my eyes, is that you get to go for what you love to do, and you get a diploma. There are 9 periods so the classes go by faster. And you can learn stuff that you actually enjoy. Vocational schools are for people that know what they want to do and want to learn a specific trade. Also, you can meet new people and get a fresh start. Students get to go to school for things they like to do. For example, instead of focusing so much on science or history, a student can be excited for cosmetology, baking, plumbing, electric, art, and many other topics.

Although there are many benefits of going to a vocational school, the cons of going are potentially losing your friends, not having everything that traditional high schools have. To me, vocational school is a big step in your life. Therefore, if you are interested in VoTech, be positive that you want to go. Don’t have any doubts. The main reason I was interested in Vocational School was to learn cosmetology. However, the lesson book in VoTech doesn’t have any makeup only hair, according to a student that I talked to.

It took a lot for me to choose; I went back and forth so many times. But now I know I’m not going just because it wasn’t for me . The reason why is that I was not 100% invested.