• May 15Dance Company Performance Wednesday 5/22 at 5:30 - Woodbridge Community Center
  • December 21WMS Boys Basketball Plays AMS today at 4:00 in AMS
  • October 16WMS softball team plays Avenel in the playoff game today at WHS, 6:00!

Does Our School Curriculum Reflect Real Life?

Photo From https://www.thebluediamondgallery.com/tablet/c/curriculum.html Under The Creative Commons Licence
Nick Youngson

The school curriculum and my personal experience with all of the things I have learned from this school and now I will tell you how all of the things you learned from this year or the entire school will help reflect real life. Now all of this is going in my opinion since I have finished this school and is going to high school. 

Finance:

Some classes in our school do talk about finance but not enough to change our future. For Instance, when I was in 7th grade, Mr. Lee used to talk about finances and how to do finance with math. I don’t really think that the math that he taught me would really help me with anything in finance. The main point that he taught us from what I remember was how to buy anything strategically without wasting any money on it. I think there should be more real world applications like Mr. Lee taught.

Jobs:

The classes that I’ve taken in the past and now don’t really talk about a good job to get in the future or any recommendations for any student. Although, I remember doing a scientist project in Mr. Blackmore’s room that was about building your dream home and what school you are going to and what job that you are going to do in the future. 

Change:

The many things that our classes are teaching us about our future and our jobs might be outdated. Because there is a chance in the future when we all get older, some jobs will be replaced by other things like artificial intelligence (AI) and other stuff like computers. Maybe the curriculum that our school uses will be updated in the future for reasons like helping kids when they grow up be prepared for their futures.

Assignments:

Some of the assignments that we get overall in the entire school year have some contribution to our future and our overall thought of the future. I would think that the one project that I did in Mr. Blackmore’s class did make me think about my future and how fast it is going to come. Many assignments don’t really talk about the future and what it is going to be like since most assignments are about the past more than the future.

Conclusion:

In conclusion, our curriculum does need some changes from the past but is somewhat still up to date. I’ve had issues with this curriculum and wanted to pitch different changes for it to make it more up to date. So I hope in the near future, the curriculum will change for the better.