• May 15Dance Company Performance Wednesday 5/22 at 5:30 - Woodbridge Community Center
  • December 21WMS Boys Basketball Plays AMS today at 4:00 in AMS
  • October 16WMS softball team plays Avenel in the playoff game today at WHS, 6:00!

The Hard Working Boys Cross Country Team at WMS

Picasa
Photo from Flicker under The Creative Commons Licenses

The WMS boys cross country team has been off to a great start

Mrs. Cavagnaro, the coach, said their season has been going well and they’ve been doing a lot of drills so they can get faster. 

Mrs Cavagnaro was asked what their strategies are during practice and she responded by saying, “We do a lot of drills and conditioning as well as comparing our times with the other teams. It’s not about winning but about what their goal is for the season.”  

Joseph Cabrera, a 7th grade runner, explained what his mindset was in going into his next meet and how he stays engaged. He responded with, “Staying focused during the race and not paying attention to what’s going on outside of me.” He said this is the best way to stay engaged on the season and focused. 

Mrs. Cavagnaro explained what they can do to improve the team and their weaknesses. She gave an answer saying, “They need to not just practice and work with her but be disciplined enough to work on their own.” She says that’s one of the biggest things to winning and achieving their ultimate goal by the end of the season.” 

Mrs. Cavagnaro said, “Our main goal is to improve their personal time. They are very motivated to achieve their goals because they have hard workers on the team.” 

Cabrera explained what he does to stay in shape during the season and he said, “I do a couple of things like run around the block a couple times and my main thing is to eat healthy including fruits like apples, bananas and oranges.” 

Cabrera responded to a question that asked how confident he was to win the championship and he answered back, “I’m pretty confident because I think of myself as being pretty fast and we have a good team.”