• May 15Dance Company Performance Wednesday 5/22 at 5:30 - Woodbridge Community Center
  • December 21WMS Boys Basketball Plays AMS today at 4:00 in AMS
  • October 16WMS softball team plays Avenel in the playoff game today at WHS, 6:00!

Mr. Rivera forms a Smash Brothers tournament and puts a thirty-five-dollar gift card on the line

Syed Asif
Jaydrian Rodriquez and Dublin Finnerty hug after Dublin F. wins a match.

As the E-Sports club goes on, Mr. Rivera thought it would be interesting to form a tournament for all Gamers in and outside of esports to experience, and the best part is that the winner gets a $35 Nintendo eShop gift card.

Tyler Hepworth, the 1st place winner of this tournament, said, “It feels pretty good to win.” He later stated that he did not do this tournament for the money, which shows that everything is not about money.

Mr. Rivera, the host of E-Sports and the Smash Brothers™ tournament, said he did this event because “Part of being a club runner is we have to host a major event and I love the energy from tournaments.” This shows how he cares about the club’s students and doesn’t want the club to fall into irrelevancy.

Jayden Omogun, the third-place winner of the Smash Brothers™ tournament, said, “My favorite character is Donkey Kong, and I think this program and tournament is very fun even though I was in third place”.

All of this shows that the E-Sports club and the E-Sports tournament are fun and should be noticed by more people but sadly Mr. Rivera is leaving the school so unless a student or teacher starts the club again the club will never resurface.