7TH graders keep the year going strong with december students of the month

Kelvin Batista after the accomplishment of Student of The Month

Students of 7th grade keep the year going strong for the December Students of the Month.

7th graders Claire English and Kelvin Batista earned this award with great honor.  Despite the fact that English was out sick, she was still stoked to hear the news later that day from a friend.

When asked what motivated them to work for this accolade, English said, “I want to achieve my goals now so when I am older those things are easier to do and accomplish.” She wants to do the hard work now, so she can relax later, and that motivates her to work hard enough for it.

As for Batista, he didn’t think he would get it since there are so many good students. He said  he “really wasn’t super motivated by anything, just by my friends and teachers.” Both students said their teachers and their classmates inspired.

English said that her working hard with “time and effort” in all of her classes helped her. Kelvin also said that he worked harder to help him in classes.

Batista likes math mostly because he is very good at it and it just comes so easily to him, “like it is a second nature.”

English on the other hand enjoys language arts more because she is “able to make her own surreal world while still controlling what happens and when it happens.”  English, even has a quote she tries to live by, and that is to “be the change you want to see in the world.”

Claire English after she found out she got Student of The Month