An inside look on what teen’s favorite stores are!

Labeled for noncommercial reuse via https://www.pikrepo.com/fiqcs/people-inside-mall Under Creative Commons License

Gianna Covino, Fall Author

A huge part of being a teenager is projecting an image that makes you feel good.  Let’s take an inside look at what teens’ favorite stores are. 

When first looking into this topic, teens chose what stores they thought were most popular, one answer was “I think Hollister is one of the most popular stores for teens because it has both boy and girl clothing and has a variety of clothes to choose from…”  Hollister also has a large social media base of 4.9million followers on instagram. They are also always doing sponsorships with social media influencers that help promote their store and bring in more customers.  

Another very popular store is Brandy Mevlle.  A WMS student said that Brandy Mellville is now popular because of the big vsco trend during the summer. 

There are a myriad of stores to choose from to shop at and one anonymous explained on how Aeropostale and Hollister are the anonymous’s favorite stores because the clothes are very comfortable.  

When asked about if the pricing at their favorite store was reasonable one student explain how the prices of the clothes are pretty expensive although the price is accurate for the product.  Another student argued, “No, I don’t think their clothing is a reasonable price because I can find very similar clothing items from other stores for a much more affordable price.” 

If clothing stores sell more than just clothes would their sales improve or stay the same? I think sales would improve because some people will go into the store if they are interested in what they have so if the store sold scrunchies, face masks, or other little things it could help bring in some more customers. 

An example would be Urban Outfitters because they sell accessories in the back, which usually intrigues people into wanting to look at what they have other clothes. An anonymous student explained, “Yes, because if they sell other things then clothes it will attract more customers because there’s more things to buy.” 

The sales staff is a big part of the stores because they control how you experience the store. One student said, “Yes the workers are very nice and helpful at Aeropostale.” Although, surprisingly, the workers at some other stores can be very rude and disrespectful. 

Overall, I think that there’s many different stores for teens to shop. Some stores are favored because of popularity and other stores are favored because of the actual products. Even though a store can have the best clothes, there might always be something that could be added to make the experience better for shoppers..