Mrs. Rackett: Teaching with inspiration

Mrs. Rackett in action.

Including humor, snacks, and fun while teaching, Mrs.Rackett has it all.

She taught at three elementary schools, which were Mawbey Street #1 for 10 years, Lynn-Crest #22 for 4 years , and Port Reading #9 for 3 years.

This is currently her 18th year teaching. Mrs. Rackett stated, “Both schools are extremely different; they are both going on different paths.” She also said, “I love teaching Middle School and prefer it.”

Mrs. Rackett made  teaching her own by involving humor, fun, and snacks. She teaches 6th grade American history with Mrs.Steinberg who said “ I love working with Mrs.Rackett, she is excellent, strong, and brings humor into the classroom.” Mrs.Steinberg  previously also taught with Ms. Estenes, and said, “they have very similar teaching styles and I enjoy working with many different people.”

Mrs.Rackett also works with 7th grade Math teacher Mr.Lee who said, “Mrs.Rackett is a great teacher.  She knows what needs to be done and can fill in if I’m helping another student.”  Mr.Lee also worked with Mrs.Dymond and Mrs.Vankleef.  He said, “Mrs.Dymond was very careful with students; it was almost like a family relationship. Mrs. Vankleef and I had a common understanding of what needed to be done and she almost finished my sentences.”  Mr. Lee said that Mrs. Rackett, like other teachers he has worked with, is a great addition to class.

Mrs.Rackett responds to students who struggle by breaking down whatever the child needs assistance with and making sure the student is comfortable.  She is a bubbly person and a humorous yet focused teacher.

Her hobbies are watching her daughter play  basketbal, soccer, and softball. Mrs.Rackett likes eating dark chocolate and she enjoys working with the students and the staff.  Welcome to Woodbridge!