Woodbridge Middle School learns a new language with a new Chinese teacher

Ni hao, xuesheng. Hello, students. Mr. Liu is a Chinese and World Language teacher who is new to Woodbridge Middle this year. He has taught three other schools previously; Avenel, Colonia, and Iselin Middle School. This is his his eighth year teaching.

Mr. Liu was able to answer some questions about himself and his career. When asked if he ever lived in China or a Chinese province, he stated, “I lived in Taiwan.” Taiwan is an island and a nation east of China. According to Mr. Liu, the city life in Taiwan is similar to New York. New York’s Empire State building is 1,454 feet. There is a tower in Taipei, the capital of Taiwan, called Taipei 101. Like the Empire State building, Taipei 101 also lights up at night. Taipei 101 is taller than the Empire State Building, at a height of 1667 feet.

Mr. Liu said that Woodbridge Middle School was what he expected and he would not change anything about the school. He says that if an opportunity presents itself, he would like to work with the students outside of school to give them an exposure to more of the language. On a side note, Mr. Liu did not talk to any of the exchange students. He also would like to have more of his students in his Chinese program.

When he was asked to leave a message to the students, he said: “I’m glad to be here and would like to introduce more of the culture. Hopefully I can have more student enrollment.”

Zaijian. Goodbye.