Welcome NJHS inductees

Maria Gonzalez

NJHS INDUCTION:The inductees for NJHS are getting inducted on March 28

Induction for NJHS was held on March 28th. Ms.McHale runs the program. Many 7th and 8th graders went through an arduous process to be in this program.

Ms.McHale is the staff advisor of NJHS. When asked if the process would make students not want to join, Ms.McHale answered, “No, because it’s easy to 10 hours of community service. Some students do more.” She has also been running this program for about seven years. She went on to explain what NJHS will be participating in throughout the year, “There is a flower sale,another fundraiser, donations, and student volunteer going on in the future.”

Three seventh graders being inducted this year are Madison Rackett, Cristina McNish, and Anyla Jenkins. These three students say they feel “honored” to be in NJHS, “Even though we had to write essays, do ten hours of community service, get a paper signed by teachers, and keep your grades up it was worth it,” Cristina McNish said.

Anyla Jenkins is one of the students that is “honored” to be in NJHS. Anyla said, “this is a good program to be in because you get to show teachers that you are responsible and show many people that you are a role model.”  All these students serve as a good example to many sixth graders that are hoping to be in NJHS next year. Anyla also commented, “ This does help you with your future because it can help you get into college, and a good opportunity to be a marvelous student.”

Another NJHS inductee is Madison Rackett. She said, “I want to be in this next year because Ms. McHale makes it fun and interesting for me.” The teachers who run NJHS are motivating these students. Madison Rackett also said, “I want to be in this next year also because it is good for your college application.”

Anginette Ipanaque is an 8th grade NJHS veteran inducted last year. Ipanaque said, “It wasn’t difficult; and it had some challenges and we had to get five recommendations.” She also commented that she feels “proud” of herself. Ipanaque commented on how the process is worth the effort, “Totally because it’s going to help you in the future.”

Lorena Gama, another 8th grader who was inducted last year in the NJHS talked about the ten hours of community service, “ I feel like it is needed, it is also good.” Gama went on to explain that the essay was not too difficult, “the topic was easy.” She said that she was “proud” because teachers congratulated her.

Jake Serrano, an 8th grade member of NJHS explained how the process has helped him, “It helps learning and helping the community.” He says he felt “accomplished”. And he says “ no” he was not nervous.