Bling, Bling…Money: Biztown at WMS

Ashley Reyes-Mendez

WANT TO LEARN ABOUT MONEY?Biztown is a great elective class to learn about money, checks, financial.

WMS offers an elective for 7th graders called Biztown. Where students learn about financial literacy. Mr. Keuscher teaches students about what they need, to be successful in their future.

Mr.Keuscher says “I have been teaching Biztown for three years. Teaching Biztown is an opportunity to do something different.” He also commented  “this subject helps students in the future with money skills.”

Mr.Keuscher enjoy teaching this subject because “it is an easy and important subject.” He also teaches 8th grade world History Honors.

Caroline Ruiz, a 7th grader, commented, “This class will prepare you for the future and real world.” Ruiz is right because this class is important in life when people pay rent, mortgage, and go to banks..

Dilara Ahiskalioglu said, “We did Shark Tank and had to present in groups.” She also commented ,“I do because it helps me, it will be beneficial for a job.” When asked about her teacher Ahiskalioglu said “He is nice and makes learning fun.” Ahiskalioglu said “the process of writing checks is difficult but the rest is easy”.

Many of these students that were in Biztown the past quarter are excited to be in the class. Laura Tobias said she wants to be in this class next year because “It’s a fun class to be in; Mr. Keuscher makes it really fun to be there”.

This means that Mr. Keuscher is trying is best to help his students love the class and learn more about it to make them ready for their future.