November Star Students Of The Month Reach For The Stars

Mrs. Torrella

NOVEMBER STARS STUDENTS REACH FOR THE START: Showing Integrity, responsibility and respectfulness

Genesis Perez, Fall Author

Star students of the month, Riley Volpe and Amily Decena, chosen by Ms. Pannullo and Anvita Sinha from Ms. Steinberg have reached for the stars for this month of November.

Riley Volpe, a 6th grader and Amily Decena; both turned in money to the main office that didn’t belong to them found on school premises.

6th Grader, Amily Decena, explains how she felt when rewarded star student, “It was kind of life changing, I felt special because I haven’t been it.” Decenas interests consist of playing the piano, making music, sewing clothes, drawing and painting. Her current favorite Youtuber that inspires her is Rudy Mancuso; because of him, she practices music every day. She says “if I find something in the hallway that isn’t mine like tickets, I’ll tell someone or if someone drops their books I’d help too.”

Whenever students show gratitude towards Amily in some type of way, she consults the teacher in return for a reward given to the students who helped her.

Anvita Sinha is a kind, thoughtful and great-all-around 6th grade student. When announced star student, she claims she felt surprised, “I was actually surprised because i got student of the month too in my math class.” Sinha’s hobbies and people she looked up to were all of her amazing teachers as she mentioned “I help people because why would you want to be mean? I guess it’s just my personality.” Anvita used to do karate and skating, but now enjoys art, music and reading, which have become her most favored hobbies.

Anvita helps her teachers with messages that need to get around and her mom and Adwita; her little sibling nicknamed Diya. “I have a three year old sister and I help my mom with her and to clean.”

Riley Volpe stated she was absent the day they announced her as star student, “When I came back the next day, I was proud and told myself to keep up the good work.” Her hobbies depend on drawing, painting, singing and playing guitar. Volpe’s role models are Gerard Way, , her parents and sister. She went on to explain how she helps on a daily basis, “If someone lost something, I would give it back because it’s theirs.”

All three of these 6th graders showed integrity, responsibility and respect for this month of November. If they did, you can too!