• January 24Congrats to the boys basketball team Florida making it into the championship

• January 24Congrats to the Lady warriors basketball team on winning the championship

• January 18PBSIS Spirit week January 22-26

Filed under Sports

The vigorous Warriors volleyball team

WARRIORS DEFEAT FORDS: Warriors take down the Wild Cats in the first game.

The Woodbridge Middle School boys volleyball team has been battling against other middle schools with hopes to make it to the championship. The boys played against Fords Middle, Iselin Middle, Avenel Middle, and Colonia Middle.

The coach of the Warriors, Mr.Blasena says, ¨My strategy on carrying the boys through the season is being prepared and being a teammate.¨  Blasena went on to describe the team’s focus, ¨This year I  will be focussing on coming together as a team, and working hard, and having a team that wants to be dedicated.¨ Blasena then explained his preparation tactics, ¨ have a good time on the court, this is the time to learn.¨

FORDS SERVING THE BALL: Fords serving the ball over the net.

Michaell Nycz is an 8th grader and also captain of the Warriors. Michael Nycz says, ¨As long as we practice hard, and do everything right we’ll win.¨ Nycz when on to explain how he would like to practice ¨ jumping higher. ¨ His motivational quote is ¨don´t mess up¨.

Ayman Arif is an 8th grader who plays back row and occasionally he plays setter. Ayman Arif explained, “I was nervous that coach would not see my true potential.¨ His motivational quote is ¨never lose, and do my best, be the best I can be.¨

Jake Serrano is a 7th grader who plays front row and is a monster at spiking that ball.Jake Serrano stated, ¨My goal is to do my best and make it the championship,¨ he also said that he wants to work on a ¨good mindset and confidence¨. His quote was ¨hard work beats talent when talent doesnt work hard.¨

Michael Gaddy is an 8th grader who also plays front row and can jump to the moon and back.  Michael Gaddy answered, ¨ I was nervous about not making the team.¨ The thing Gaddy wants to “work on jumping and spiking.¨ His motivational quote is, ¨ Hustle, hit, never quit.¨

Adam Mosaad is a 7th grader who plays back row and can get the ball to the setter like a pro.  Adam Mosaad said , ¨I wasn´t nervous because I believed in myself. ¨ His  quote was,  ¨Never give up.¨

Joe Lombardo is an 8th grader who plays front row and and is a boss at blocking those hits.  Joe Lombardo says, ¨ I was nervous about messing up, and I want to compete well.¨

The Woodbridge Warriors record is 4-3 right now. Next game is Woodbridge against Colonia at Woodbridge. If the Warriors beat Colonia this Thursday, they are in the playoffs. Everyone get your popcorn and wear your warrior black and red, because this Thursday is a day you don´t want to miss.