Amazing April Star Students

Ms. Torrella

APRIL STAR STUDENTS: Holding their certificates proudly for picture.

April’s Star Students conducted kind, helpful, and inspiring acts this month. From picking up books to using knowledge they have to solve problems.

Angel Torres demonstrated good sportsmanship when his class was playing an activity game. Torres gave some of his own points to one of his peers who was struggling to keep the game close. Torres said, “I just want to treat people how I want to be treated.” When the game ended, Torres made himself and his fellow student both feel like winners.

Brett Showalter was walking to class; he saw one student drop his books. Showalter stopped in the hallway and helped pick them up. Showalter said, “Everyone should help around school.” With this kind act, Showalter did just that.

Dayuan Payne used his training from Sidekicks to help resolve a conflict between two students. Dayuan continued to explain how he is a helpful person, “I don’t know, I am just a helpful person. Mr. Harris inspired me to do this because he is a huge support system when handling problems.”

Jasmine Bennett and her class were playing a review game. When a student was struggling Bennett helped them. Bennett stated, “I feel like helping people is a good thing. The person I was helping was having trouble and it wouldn’t look good on the test.”

Charlotte Cardenas and Emily Carlson were walking into school when some money fell out of Mrs. Gallagher’s pocket. They didn’t hesitate to pick it up and give it to her. Cardenas said, “No one really inspired me to do this; I guess I just learned it on my own, mainly through elementary school and the teachers there.” Carlson said, “My parents inspired me because they are kind and they are very helpful too because my dad is a police officer and my mom is a pharmacist.”

These students worked hard this month by performing these helpful and kind acts. By doing this it inspires other students to do just the same. Let’s see what next month brings!